This weekend marks the second annual Edinburgh Youth Music Festival, which will be held at The South Bridge Centre on Infirmary Street, on Saturday, 12 September from 12 – 5pm.
Edinburgh Youth Music Festival is a celebration of youth music in Scotland’s capital with live music, workshops and activities. It is a great opportunity find out what’s going on for young people in the city and it’s all FREE!
There will be a host of workshops for children and young people aged from 5 – 25 to try their hand at
• samba drumming with Leith based samba band Pulse of the Place (9 – 18 yrs)
• song-writing workshops from youth music project Totally Sound (12 – 19 yrs)
• drop in DJ workshops (13 – 25 yrs)
• ukulele workshops from the City of Edinburgh Council’s Sounds Like Friday/Saturday project (7 – 1 2 yrs)
• talks on careers in the music industry
• singing workshop with Edinburgh School of Music (12 – 19 yrs)
• a Frozen sing-a-long! (14 – 25 yrs)
• and a marketplace with information about youth music projects and opportunities throughout the city.
In addition, the festival is a chance for everyone to see some of Scotland’s freshest young talent perform on stage with bands and musicians covering the full musical range – from hip hop to traditional, from new folk to R ‘n’ B to pop.
We hope to see you there!
For more details on the programme and to sign up to workshops, check out our website at: http://edinburghyouthmusicfestival.org/