In school we have spent Friday afternoon and most of today looking into the feasibility of our planned Panto trip on Monday 14 December to the Alhambra Theatre in Dunfermline due to the Firth Bridge being closed.
We have been in contact with the bus company booked to take us there for help and advice and a number of other schools from Edinburgh and Linlithgow who were also booked to go to the Alhambra. We have looked into going by train but we have too many people going so this is not a possibility. We are planning to drive the route tomorrow morning, leaving school at 9.00 am our planned departure time to see how long it takes. We are also going to speak to a school in Linlithgow on Wednesday to see if their journey took much longer than they had anticipated and how well traffic on the Kincardine Bridge was moving when they were travelling. If anyone drove to Dunfermline this morning we would be grateful if you could phone and let us know how the journey was. I am really sorry but we will not be able to give you a final decision until Wednesday afternoon as to whether we are able to go or not. If we do not go we will refund parent the cost of the tickets from our school fund as we have already had to pay the Alhambra for the tickets and they are non-refundable.
Thank you to everyone for your understanding and patience over this trip.