We all enjoyed a very exciting visit this afternoon from Karen Bennett who brought her Olympic Silver Medal to school to show us all. Karen shared with us all her journey to the Olympics from when she took up rowing at the age of 19 to crossing the finishing line in Rio last month. Karen told us about all the hard work and preparation that goes into being an Olympic Athlete, training schedules, food and diet. She shared with us how it felt to take part and to stand on the podium to receive her medal and what life in the Olympic Village was like. As well as her silver medal, which is surprisingly heavy weighing 50 grams, Karen also brought some of her other souvenirs to show us – the duvet from her bed in the Olympic village which his decorated with all the different Olympic Sports, her one-piece rowing uniform and the shoes Team GB wore at the closing ceremony that flashed red, white and blue! Karen was very generous with her time answering many questions from the children and posing for selfies and signing autographs. Karen has left some autographs as we ran out of time for her to sign everyone’s this afternoon and we will make sure everyone who wants one gets one tomorrow. We are hoping Karen will be able to come back to meet our P7s and visit the nursery next time she is in Edinburgh.
An Olympic Silver Medal comes to Currie Primary School
Posted on 07/09/2016 by eh145pu
- Parents' Meeting for new P1 children starting Aug 23 29/05/2023 at 17:00 – 18:00
- P1 Transition Session for P1 children starting Aug 23 06/06/2023 at 09:15 – 10:15
- Parent Council Meeting (AGM) 06/06/2023 at 19:00 – 20:30
- Back up School Sports Day 08/06/2023
- P7 Leavers' Show 13/06/2023
- P1 Transition Session for P1 children starting in Aug 13/06/2023 at 09:15 – 10:15
- P7 Quali 15/06/2023
- P7 Parents' Meeting at Currie High School 19/06/2023 at 19:00 – 20:00
- P7 3 Day Visit to High School 20/06/2023 – 22/06/2023
- P1 Transition Session for P1 children starting Aug 23 20/06/2023 at 09:15 – 10:15
- Term Ends 28/06/2023
You must be logged in to post a comment.