Firstly, our new Nursery teacher, Miss Sturrock, would like to say a huge thank you to all the children and parents/carers for the warm welcome she has received here at Currie. She looks forward to working with you all in the future and getting to know the families better.
The children have been busy in the Nursery getting into the Christmas spirit through a variety of different activities! You will find them…
- Making festive crafts from materials available in the craft room
- Re-enacting the Nativity using costumes and props
- Singing Christmas songs and listening to Christmas stories
- Playing in the home corner which is now equipped with Santa suits, pyjamas and Christmas stockings.
Children are always keen to send Christmas cards to their Nursery friends but we ask that if you are giving out cards, you write one card only to the whole Nursery, which we will then share with children at group time. Thank you for your support in this.
End of term Celebrations
The Christmas parties are fast approaching and we would like to invite parents to come and join in the fun, listening to Christmas songs and getting to meet Santa Claus himself! A reminder of the dates and times:
- Morning children: Thursday 21st December at 11am
- Afternoon children: Wednesday 20th December at 2.45am
New Children 2017
We are pleased to be welcoming 12 new children to the afternoon Nursery from Wednesday 11th January, taking our numbers to full capacity. We are looking forward to welcoming the children and their families in the New Year.
Dates for the Diary
- Friday 16th December 2016 – Christmas Jumper Day (Save the Children)
- Thursday 21st December 2016 – end of term (no afternoon session)
- Tuesday 10th January 2017 – all resume
Finally, we would like to wish a very Merry Christmas to all our nursery families and hope you have a Happy New Year. We are looking forward to continuing to work in partnership with you and thank you for all of your support so far.
Currie Nursery Team